- finer-grained distribution jar files, alongside the full spring.jar
- AOP Alliance interfaces are now contained in spring-aop.jar and spring.jar
- XML bean definition improvements ("ref" and "value" shortcut attributes
- improved AOP TargetSourceCreator mechanism (supporting
- transaction annotation support for JDK 1.5+ (annotation called
- improved WebLogicJtaTransactionManager (transaction names, isolation
- SqlRowSet support for JDBC (in conjunction with JdbcTemplate's
- Hibernate3 support (in orm.hibernate3; Hibernate 2.1 support is still
- JMX support for export of Spring beans as managed resources and for MBean
- Commons Attributes and JDK 1.5+ annotations for JMX MBean export
This release also contains many minor enhancements, for example:
- factored out BindingErrorProcessor strategy for ServletRequestDataBinder
- improved ParameterMethodNameResolver for Web MVC MultiActionController
For a detailed list of enhancements and bug fixes, see the changelog.
This release candidate is already considered stable and recommended for development use. We expect Spring 1.2 final to be released in late April.
Watch out for the Spring Web Flow preview release to follow later this week (for use with Spring 1.2)! Web Flow will also become part of the nightly build at that time.