On this lucky Friday the 13th, we are pleased to announce that Spring 1.2 final has just been released.
(Thanks to Juergen for doing the packaging and his usual coding heroics).
The major new features since 1.2 RC2 are:
- TopLink support (for both TopLink 9.0.4 and 10.1.3)
- JDO 2.0 support (tested against JPOX 1.1 beta 3)
- Hibernate 3.0.3 support (aggressive release of Connections)
The overall major new features of Spring 1.2 are:
- finer-grained distribution jar files
- simplified XML bean definitions
- JMX support
- JDK 1.5 transaction annotation
- support for WebLogic JTA extensions
- JDBC RowSet support
- JCA CCI support
- JDO2 support
- Hibernate3 support
- TopLink support
Thanks to Oracle for donating the original TopLink support
prototype, and in particular to Jim Clark from Oracle - for all his
help in getting the TopLink support into its final shape!
For details on new features, deprecations and bug fixes, please see the change log.
FYI, we have a 1.2.1 release scheduled for June, featuring minor enhancements that did not make 1.2 final. See our JIRA road map for details.