We’re pleased to announce that Spring ActionScript 1.0 is now available.
Spring ActionScript is an offshoot of the Java Spring Framework written in ActionScript 3.0. The framework contains the following core features:
- Inversion of Control container, configurable with XML or MXML
- EventBus supporting loose communication between application components
- Metadata/annotation processing used for autowiring, event handling, ...
- Operation, Command and Task API
- Utilities for abstracting server communication
- Support for Modules
- Extensions for the Cairngorm and PureMVC frameworks
The Spring Actionscript team would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took the time to report bugs, give suggestions and help out in any other kind of way. Without the dedicated Spring community behind us, the framework would not be where it is today. Thank all of you!
As always, we’re on the look out for new members to join the team. If you are willing to invest some of your spare time to write documentation, sample applications, fix bugs or develop new functionality then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
For the full list of changes please check the changelog. If you have any suggestions for new functionality or improvements to the existing code base, then please use JIRA to submit a feature request.
For more information on the Spring ActionScript framework, please see the following links:
- Spring ActionScript Homepage
- Reference Documentation
- API Documentation
- Sample Applications
- User Forum
Enjoy this release and have fun coding!