Another fantastic week for the Spring community at large. In addition to the exciting announcement of the stable release of Tomcat 7, there were numerous great posts from the community.
- Continuing the back-to-basics “Green Beans” series, we’ve just published a post on using Spring and Maven together.
- The Tomcat Expert community has announced the first stable build of Tomcat 7. We know Tomcat is the favorite place for Spring developers to run their applications, so be sure to check out the latest features.
- Nicholas Sankel has written up a blog on using Spring Roo with the Vaadin UI framework.
- The Tomcat Expert community has provided a list of the top 10 articles from 2010.
- Tomasz Nurkiewicz has written a fantastic blog exploring how you can completely strip out XML using the Spring framework.
- Sivaprasadreddy Katamreddy
has written up an introduction to Spring AOP that progresses from problematic code all the way to the improved code using Spring AOP.
- A gentleman named (from what I can tell) Warlock has blogged on Spring MVC’s annotation-based session-handling support.
- Sal Peace has written up a fantastic introduction to using Spring MVC 3.0’s portlet support with WebSphere 7.
- Viral Patel has written up a tutorial on saving and retrieving BLOB object data in Spring 3 MVC and Hibernate
- Jorram Barrez (from the Activiti project) has posted on using Spring to connect an Activiti BPMN 2.0 business process to EJB business services.