Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce that the second milestone release of the Spring Social project is now available!
The Spring Social project allows you to integrate the APIs exposed by Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers such as Facebook and Twitter into your applications. The 1.0.0.M2 release includes:
- An extensible service provider framework that greatly simplifies the process of connecting local user accounts to hosted provider accounts.
- Full support for connecting to OAuth1 and OAuth2-based service providers from a Java/Spring web application environment.
- The ability for your users to authenticate with your application by signing in with their Twitter or Facebook accounts.
- Expanded service provider APIs, including more Twitter operations and initial support for GitHub and Gowalla.
- Complete reference documentation and samples!
To get the software, download the release distribution, or simply add the maven artifacts to your project. To see the features live, check out the showcase app:
git clone git://github.com/SpringSource/spring-social-samples.git
We’ve been getting some great feedback from the Spring community about Spring Social and encourage you to collaborate with us on the project. If you are developing your own Java Binding to a SaaS API for use in your applications, be sure to checkout how to extend the framework and consider contributing your extensions back to the community!