Dear Spring Community,
We're pleased to announce the new release 2.8.0 of the SpringSource Tool Suite (STS). Some highlights from this release:
- ships on top of Eclipse Indigo SR1
- includes full IDE support for Java 7 (coming with the Eclipse 3.7.1 update)
- support for Spring 3.1 bean profiles, including validation and navigation
- support for Spring 3.1 c-namespace including quick-fixes, validation and content-assist
- improved constructor-arg validation and quick-fixes
- updated Eclipse Maven integration (m2e 1.0.100), including migration assistance
- support for Groovy 1.8.2
- support for Grails 2.0.0.M2
More details on new features and bug fixes can be found in the New and Noteworthy document. Detailed installation instructions are also available. As always downloads are available from the STS download page.
If you wanna upgrade an existing STS installation, please also take a look at this blog post on how to upgrade the m2e support properly.