Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.1.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.1.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- Eclipse Juno SR1 updates (including Mylyn, EGit, m2e, m2e-wtp)
- Mac distributions now OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion Gatekeeper compatible
- updated to tc Server 2.7.2
- new Spring Data Gemfire project templates
- the new Live Beans Graph feature (experimental)
- grails import wizard
- support for mavenized grails projects
- updated to Groovy 2.0.4 and Grails 2.1.1
Some of our users reported general performance issues with the new Eclipse Juno 4.2 platform that STS 3.0.0 shipped with. Most of these issues seem to be related to the underlying UI platform and its usage from various plugins and extensions. Since our goal is to provide the best possible user experience, we decided to provide two separate distributions for STS 3.1.0: one that is built on top of Eclipse Juno 3.8 and one on top of Eclipse Juno 4.2. People who have trouble using the 4.2-based version should try the 3.8-based distribution instead.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.1.0 New & Noteworthy.
Updates from STS/GGTS 3.0.0 are available through the automatic “Check for Updates” again. Users of STS 2.9.x (or older) should start with a fresh installation of STS/GGTS 3.1.0.
The next version 3.2.0 is scheduled to arrive in March 2013, shortly after the Eclipse Juno SR2 release. Also watch out for milestone builds of 3.2.0 if you wanna stay up-to-date with the latest developments.