Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.3.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.3.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- Eclipse Kepler Release updates (including Mylyn, EGit, m2e, m2e-wtp)
- updated bundled tc Server to 2.9.2 and bundled Spring Roo to 1.2.4
- ready for Spring 4
- support for JavaConfig-driven Spring projects (including navigation support for @Autowired)
- new and unified "New Spring Project" wizard
- additional performance improvements for working with Spring projects
- brand new instant and lightning fast quick search for your workspace
- GGTS now includes grails 2.2.3
We continue to ship distributions on top of the latest Eclipse release (Eclipse Kelper 4.3) as well as Eclipse Juno 3.8. While the 3.8-based version ships with all the components from Eclipse Juno, only the 4.3-based version ships on top of the just released Eclipse Kepler 4.3 version and is therefore the only distribution that comes with all the latest fixes and improvements from Eclipse Kepler.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.3.0 New & Noteworthy.
Updates from STS/GGTS 3.x are available through the automatic “Check for Updates”. Users of STS 2.9.x (or older) should start with a fresh installation of STS/GGTS 3.3.0.
The next version 3.4.0 is scheduled to arrive in October 2013, shortly after the Eclipse Kepler SR1 (4.3.1) release. Also watch out for milestone builds of 3.4.0 if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest developments. And meet the team at this years SpringOne2GX conference.
The SpringSource tooling team