Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in Stuttgart and Mainz, Germany and Paris, France, speaking to customers and at the JAX conference, then it’s off to Paris, France, to speak at the Devoxx France edition. If you’re around in any of these places don’t hesitate to reach out I’d love to say hello.
Also, tonight, I’ll be joining my friends from industry (Daniel Bryant, Markus Eisele, and Simon Maple) for the ZeroTurnaround webinar, Microservices for the Enterprise. There are already more than 3,000 people registered and I hope to see you there, as well!
As usual, we’ve got a lot to look at today, so let’s get started!
- the BIG news this week: Spring Boot 1.4.0.M2 is now available! This release is packed with new features (some of which we talk about in other blogs this week), so make sure to get the bits, kick the tires and feedback!
- the biggest event of the year is, without a doubt, SpringOne Platform, and we want to see you there!
- Spring Integration lead Artem Bilan has just announced Spring Integration AWS 1.0.0.M1, supporting Amazon Web Services integrations
- Our pal Simon Baslé, from Couchbase - makers of the epic document database, cross-posted a very cool look at using Spring Data Couchbase, a first-class citizen in Spring Boot 1.4
- the good Dr. David Syer looks at how to override platform-and-framework specified versions in Spring Boot and Spring Cloud in this really fascinating article that plumbs the depths of dependency management so that you don’t have to!
- Spring Boot lead and testing enthusiast Phil Webb debuts some of the upcoming Spring Boot 1.4’s numerous new features supporting ease-of-testing
- our very own Jared Gordon put together a nice case-study on refactoring a monolith to a microservices-based system using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Alexander Lukyanchikov put together an interesting post on building a microservices-based system using Spring Cloud and Docker
- Zoltan Altfatter is back at it again, this time with a look at the features in Spring Boot 1.4
- our other pal Michael Simons is back at it again this week, also with a look at the features in Spring Boot 1.4