Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This year has flown so quickly by! Can you believe we’re less than 19 days until 2017? I’m utterly stunned. I suppose I shouldn’t be, though, given the breakneck speed of progress and new software releases from the Spring team and the community. What a good problem to have!
This week, after returning from Australia early Sunday morning, I hacked with my buddy Josh McKenty, I spoke with my buddy Baruch at the San Francisco Java User Group on Monday, will speak with my buddy Matt Raible at the Denver Java User Group on Wednesday (don’t miss it!), and will speak in Saint Louis on Thursday and Hartford on Friday. It’s going to be a fun week and if you’re around, don’t hesitate to say hi.
As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover this week so let’s get to it!
- The DISID corporation has announced Spring Roo 2.0.0.M3. This release includes improved entity entity relationship support, master-detail views generation, easily-created DTOs, default queries using QueryDSL in custom Spring Data repositories, smarter security integration, renewed Spring Web Flow support, REST-API scaffolding, and so much more!
- Last week, continuing the Spring Tips series, I looked at two dashboard options for Spring Boot and Spring Cloud-based applications
- Kroger gave a great developer tools talk at SpringOne Platform 2016 about how to take my one of my favorite places on the internet - Initialzr and made it their own.
- Spring Boot fans should really enjoy Martin, Kris and Andy talking about how Spring Tool Suite helps work with Spring Boot, Cloud Foundry and just plain ole writing code. Check out the replay!
- This SpringOne Platform 2016 replay is a bit different from all the rest - it’s about the data our apps deal with
- I liked Bethan Brown’s talk comparing and contrasting opinionated platform vs unstructured platforms and how they are only part of a continuum of decisions to make in traditional organizations.
- I liked Spring community hero Michael Simon’s 2016 recap
- I dig this great talk by Stormpath’s Claire Hunsaker and Micah Silverman on building secure multi-tenant Spring Boot applications
- Want a good startup to bet your career on? You should look into Pivotal, which made Business Insider’s 51 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2017
- Dan Woods spoke at SpringOne Platform 2016 about the Ratpack web framework and Spring Boot. Check out the talk!
- Mkyong had a very nice piece on using Jetty as an embedded web server in a Spring Boot application
- Spring Boot ninjas Brian Clozel and Stephane Nicoll’s talk, 10 ways to get super productive with Spring Boot, is now available online.
- have you seen all the cool new features in IntelliJ for Spring and Spring Boot applications??
- Rafal Borowiec’s put together a nice post on reloading static resources and templates in a Spring Boot application.