We are pleased to announce the first Milestone of the Spring Cloud Stream Fishtown release train - Fishtown.M1/2.1.0.M1.
Spring Cloud Stream Fishtown 2.1.0.M1 is available for use in the Spring Milestone repository. The release notes include relevant information about version compatibility with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring AMQP, and Spring for Apache Kafka.
The following section provides a brief summary of features and improvements included in this release.
- Support for Message Listener container customization by simply registering implementation of
Binding properties precedence support. This feature allows default binding properties to be overriden with specific binding properties. For example.
In the above, the default content type for all bindings is set to
spring.cloud.stream.default.contentType=text/plain spring.cloud.stream.default.producer.partitionCount=1 spring.cloud.stream.bindings.output.producer.partitionCount=4
text/plain. Also, all producer bindings
partitionCountis set to
1with the exception of output destination bindings where it is set to
- In addition to the existing input binding actuator endpoints, support for output binding actuator endpoints was added as well.
- Exposed support for setting queue length as and overflow policy
- Multiplex support
- Wild cards are now supported in kafka topic names in the binder [kafka binder]
- New annotation
KafkaStreamsStateStorefor creating state stores in lower level processor API in kafka streams [kafka streams binder]
- Removing the creation of unnecessary repartition topics in the kafka streams binder
- Consuming from multiple topics in kafka streams binder
- Improvements in in interactive query support in kafka streams binder - Multiple consumers and querying across them are now supported.
QueryableStoreRegistryis deprecated and a new API is provided called
InteractiveQueryService. In addition to provide ability to query state stores, this API also gives information about the host where the consumer is running.
- Multiplex support
Various other enhancements and bug fixes
Once again huge thanks to all the community contributors!!!
If the applications are created from Spring Initializr, they need to add this BOM snippet in maven dependency management before the spring-cloud BOM declaration:
<dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId> <artifactId>spring-cloud-stream-dependencies</artifactId> <version>Fishtown.M1</version> <type>pom</type> <scope>import</scope> </dependency>
The M2 is planned for the end of July and will contain primarily new binding features as well as integration with Spring Cloud Function