Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I’m in São Paulo, Brazil, where I presented a workshop on building cloud-native applications - specifically microservices - with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Cloud Foundry (via Pivotal Web Services).
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has just announced Spring Data Fowler has gone GA, packed with lots of advanced Java 8 features, as well!
- The agenda for the Spring IO show in Barcelona, Spain is now available! Check it out!
- Done with the microservices hype? Then let’s get practical on April 21st. I’ll be talking about how Spring Cloud integrates service registration (e.g.: Eureka, Consul, or Zookeeper), declarative REST clients (with Netflix’s Feign), reactive programming and the circuit breaker pattern with Hystrix to support easy, robust service-to-service invocations.
- Marius Bogoevici and Mark Pollack are teaming up for a webinar on Tues April 28th about Reactive data-pipelines with Spring XD and Kafka, a must for any big / fast data enthusiasts.
- Colin Harrington’s SpringOne2GX 2014 Replay is now available: Groovy Browser Automation
- Peter Ledbrook’s SpringOne2GX 2014 Replay is now available: Groovy for Java Developers
- Likely the coolest demo of SpringOne2GX 2014, brought to you by the dream team of Pivotal Ninjas Derek Beauregard, Phil Berman, Michael Minella, Darrel Sharpe
is now available: IoT Realized - The Connected Car showing you just how powerful Spring XD truly is for Big Data and IoT.
- Frustrated with Java serialization performance? Are you a Spring Integration peformance fanatic? Or perhaps you’re just trying to shave milliseconds and microseconds off your Java network calls? You won’t want to miss John Davies from C24 as he shows you how to reclaim performance with Java serialzation in this mind blowing SpringOne2GX 2014 Replay: Big Data in Memory
- The good Dr. Syer is back at it again with a followup to his epic blog series introducing single page applications using Spring Security OAuth, Spring Cloud Zuul, and more.
- I put together a look at using Google Protocol Buffers to build efficient Spring-based REST services
- Spring Tool Suite ninja Kris De Volder put together a great tutorial introducing some of the new features in STS 3.6.4 that support building Spring Boot applications. Check it out!
- I’ll be doing another vJUG session, this time on using Spring Cloud to build “Bootiful” Microservices - I hope you’ll join me there! Let’s make this a super well attended event!
- This post on using Spring Social and Spring Security to secure GWT applications is kind of interesting
- Hey, did you miss Adrian Cockroft’s talk at O’Reilly’s Software Architecture Summit? Check out this blog summarizing the key takeaways
- I enjoyed the ideas raised in this blog post on possible variants of microservices
- and, a super simple example of using Spring Security with Spring Boot