I am pleased to announce that Spring for Android 2.0.0.M2 is now available in the Spring milestone repository. Highlights include:
- Support for the Android port of HttpClient 4.3 via HttpComponentsClientHttpRequestFactory
- Support for HttpClient 4.0 included with Android is now deprecated but will remain available through HttpComponentsAndroidClientHttpRequestFactory.
- HTTP PATCH support in RestTemplate
- The type conversion package from Spring Core is now available in Spring for Android Core.
- Many improvements and fixes from Spring 3.2 are now merged into Spring for Android to bring baseline compatibility to Spring 3.2, while certain RestTemplate features from Spring 4.1 have been included to support the new HttpClient.
- Other bug fixes and improvements