The Groovy development team is pleased to announce the release of Groovy 2.3.0!
Groovy 2.3 is the new major release of the Groovy programming language for the JVM, featuring:
- official support for running Groovy on JDK 8
- a new trait keyword to define new units of code for composing behaviors
- new and improved compile-time code transformations like:
- a new NIO2 module with Path support
- lightening fast JSON parsing and building as covered in the recent article on InfoQ
- closure parameter type inference, to infer the type of parameters in closures when using the static type checker and static compiler
- a markup template engine
- Groovysh and GroovyConsole ease of use improvements
- a new GroovyAssert test utility
- more @BaseScript class capabilities, and more.