Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I'm at the Rich Web Experience in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, joining my pal Matt Stine for a workshop on building microservices with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Cloud Foundry.
So, without further ado, let's get to it:
- Dr. Dave Syer just announced the M3 release of Spring Cloud, complete with loads of cool stuff, including a smarter Ribbon-enabled load-balancing
RestTemplate, a RabbitMQ-based aggregator for Hystrix Metrics based on Turbine 2, Spring Cloud for AWS support, and much more
- Spring ninja Sebastien Deleuze just announced some of the amazing new features in Spring's Jackson support. My favorite? JSON + XML marshalling with dynamic views. Views are a logical subset of attributes from a JSON structure that may be rendered dynamically.
- Check out Spring Roo 1.3.1 and includes bug-fixes for reverse engineering and third party addon installations. Thanks, community and Disid in particular for the updates!
- Spring and Groovy & Grails Tool Suite lead Martin Lippert just announced versions 3.6.3. The new release includes updated Spring Integration visualizations, a installed-by-default Cloud Foundry plugin and more. Check it out!
- Want to learn about the Spring Integration Java configuration DSL in terms of a working, line-by-line example? Check out this post by Java configuration DSL lead Artem Bilan and if you want to see how it works on JDK 7 or earlier, check out this post.
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke just announced the first milestone of the next Spring Data release train, Spring Data Fowler.
- The replay from the good Dr. David Syer's SpringOne2GX 2014 talk on security for microservices is now available online.
- Additionally, check out Dr. Syer and Spencer Gibb's talk introducing Spring Cloud to the world at SpringOne2GX 2014!
- Check out the SpringOne2GX 2014 replay of Reactor project ninjas Jon Brisbin and Stephane Maldini's talk: Building Reactive applications with Reactor and the Reactive Streams standard
- Join Spring Integration project-lead Gary Russell for a not-to-be-missed webinar on January 27th that introduces the just-released Spring Integration Java configuration DSL!
- You know what they say: go grid or go home! Or something like that… anyway, definitely check out my pal Luke Shannon's upcoming webinar on building scalable data applications with Spring Data Gemfire
- Adao Feliz put together a nice post on using Spring Boot and Docker. It's pretty straightforward, so check it out!
- The All and Sundry blog has a nice post on how to consume linked resources using Spring's
- Check out the early bits for the next-gen Cloud Foundry built from the ground up on the Go language and supports Docker as a first-class citizen. If you know how to use Vagrant, it's dead simple to get a full working Cloud Foundry cloud running on your laptop if you follow these instructions. Do try it out and let us know!