Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring!
This week in I’m in Shanghai, China and Hangzhou, China and Shenzhen, China, talking to some of the world’s largest websites (of the same scale of Netflix!) about their use of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud. (More on that later!)
Anyway, without further ado..
- Paul Chapman put together a nice walkthrough Spring Cloud today. Way to go Paul!
- Andy Wilkinson just announced the Spring IO Platform BOM 1.1.3 has been released
- Spring Boot 1.3M2 - along with new support for JOOQ,
/liquibaseActuator endpoints, ANSI colored
banner.txt, and Apache Artemis integration (among many other things) is now available! Check it out.
- If you missed Spring rockstar and Spring Boot ninja Greg Turnquist’s talk on debugging and maintaing Spring Boot applications (why would you miss it??), then check it out
- This is a nice post on using Spring Boot with the H2 database console
- I only just noticed DZone has a refcard on Cloud Foundry which seems like a worthy read
- this is a great (Chinese-language) post on what Spring Boot is and how it works. I’ve asked a friend and he - a native Mandarin Chinese speaker - insists it’s a good read. Enjoy!
- check out this jumpstart into Spring Boot
- our pal @making is at it again, this time with a nice look at the upcoming Spring Boot 1.3’s DevTools integration
- the Codes and Notes blog has a nice post on using AngularJS web apps for Spring-based REST services