On behalf of the team, I am pleased to announce the release of Spring Cloud Skipper 1.0 M1.
Skipper is a lightweight tool that allows you to discover Spring Boot applications and manage their lifecycle on multiple Cloud Platforms. You can use Skipper standalone or integrate it with Continuous Integration pipelines to help implement the practice of Continuous Deployment.
The main features in Skipper 1.0 M1 are:
- Define multiple platform accounts where Spring Boot applications can be deployed. Supported platforms are Local, Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes.
- Substitute variables in Mustache templated files that describe how to deploy applications to a platform.
- Search Package Repositories for existing applications.
- Upgrade/Rollback a package based on a simple blue/green workflow.
- Store the history of resolved template files (aka ‘application manifests’) which represent the final description of what has been deployed to a platform for a specific release.
- Use via a standalone interactive shell or web API.