On behalf of the team, I am excited to announce the release of the first milestone of Spring Cloud Data Flow 1.2.
Note: A great way to start using this new release(s) is to follow the release matrix on the project page, which includes the download coordinates and the links to the reference guide.
Over the last few weeks, we have added new features and improvements to the overall orchestration of data microservices. The following new features were included in the 1.2.0.M1 release:
- Introduce dedicated prefixes for deployment properties. Using the deployer properties is as simple as
deployer.<appname>.xxxas opposed to
- Introduce a new REST-API controller and shell support to cleanup Task Executions
- Foundation work to consolidate the use of controllers between Task deployments and Task Executions
- Consolidate REST-API call traces and return codes for consistency
- Adds role-based access control to define who has access to create, deploy, destroy, or view streams/tasks. This works seamlessly in coordination with the supported authentication methods.
- Performance optimizations to “stream list” operation. Instead of making individual calls for each app associated with the stream, the newly introduced
MultiStateAppDeployerSPI operation invokes a call per stream that queries all the application statuses in a single network call
- Improves error reporting for “stream list” operation