Original author: DISID Corporation
Dear Spring community,
The DISID Spring Roo team is busily working towards the 2.0 release. With Spring Roo 2.0 we would like recover the essence that defines the Roo project:
- Be a rapid application development tool, Roo isn't either a framework nor Maven plugins.
- Intelligent code generation to provide improved productivity.
- Developers often are forced to spend too much of their time doing things that add too little value, Spring Roo's code generation helps them stay focused.
- Create applications based on the extensive set of Spring technologies: Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring MVC, Spring Security, etc.
- Generate applications based on best architecture practices like: Service Layer, Repository Layer
- New scaffolding model that generates a fully functional responsive UI based on jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Improve extensibility and increase the collaboration of the Spring Roo project:
- We will create the “Roo Marketplace”: the alternative to Roobot, easier to maintain and available for everyone, a place to find and keep track on third party addons and Roo Addon Suites.
- A “Roo Addon Suite” is a great way to package and distribute a set of add-ons together, for example if you want to distribute Roo custom distributions. Roo Addon Suite is based on OSGi R5 Subsystems that provides a really convenient deployment model, without compromising the modularity of Roo.