Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week we're at OSCON in beautiful Portland, OR! It's been a crazy busy week, and only figures to be busier! It's been nice visiting with colleagues and community members alike. The booth on the expo floor has been flooded with users. I love this show. :)
- First, the big news: the Spring framework 4.1 release candidate is now available! The new release features updated JSR-107 support, JMS 2.0 and annotation-centric JMS configuration, a SpEL compiler, and so much more.
- Spring XD co-lead Dr. Mark Pollack has just announced that Spring XD RC1 is now available. Installation is dead-simple. There are numerous new features, and this train's moving fast so check it out, download the bits, kick the tires, etc.
- Spring Data ninja Christoph Strobl put together a nice blog post introducing Spring Data MongoDB's full-text search
- The A Piece of My Code blog looks at how to use Spring's integration testing with mock services.
- Tousif Khan has put together a nice post on Spring's view controllers
- The Tech Zoo blog wrote up how to use Spring's Apache Tiles support
- The softwarecave blog introduces how to handle charts with jqPlot, Spring's REST support, AJAX and JQuery
- Theodora Fragkouli has written up a nice post on using Spring MVC's
- I've just stumbled upon this JavaCodeGeeks academy trail on using Spring Data Redis - looks interesting.
- Want to use Spring, Hibernate 4, and Ehache together? Check out this tutorial.