Dear Spring Community,
We are pleased to announce that the first GA release of the Spring GemFire 1.0 project is now available for both Java and .NET! The Spring GemFire project aims to make it easier to build Spring-powered highly scalable applications using GemFire as distributed data management platform.
This release features:
- Declarative dependency injection style configurations for the GemFire infrastructure (such as Cache, Region, Interest, etc)
- Extensive namespace support for configuring all the major GemFire components: cache, replicated, partitioned and client regions and many more
- Exception translation to Spring's portable DataAccess exception hierarchy
- Template and callback support for easy native API access
- Transaction management support
- Spring-backed wiring for GemFire managed objects
- Auto-generation of non-reflection based Instantiators
- Native support for GemFire 6.5 (besides 6.0)
- Declarative Caching Advice (for .NET)
Through Spring GemFire, Spring users should feel right at home when interacting with GemFire while developers familiar with GemFire will see the benefits and flexibility of the Spring container, its powerful AOP integration, and versatile service abstractions.
To learn more about the project, visit the Spring GemFire homepage.
Looking forward to your feedback!
P.S. Please use maven.springframework.org as artifact repository until the technical problems that affect the publication to Maven central are fixed.