Welcome back to another installment of This Week in Spring ! As usual, we've got a lot to cover, so let's get to it!
- Dave Syer is taking his SpringOne2GX talk to an online audience on Feb 14th, 2013 Webinar - When and Why Would I Use OAuth2?
- Dream team Sam Brannen (Swiftmind) & Rossen Stoyanchev (SpringSource) join forces on Feb 21st, 2013 for a Webinar: Testing Web Applications with Spring 3.2
- New SpringOne2GX 2012 talks released to YouTube in HD! Ten Great Reasons to Virtualize Your Java Apps, and What's New in CloudFoundry.
- Our pal Boris Lam is back, this time with two posts on how to use Spring Data MongoDB and JSF together.
- The PluralSight blog has a video introduction to Spring MVC interceptors. This video is an excerpt from a full-fledged video course.
- Cool demonstration: Spring Insight plugins for Spring Integration and RabbitMQ.
- The syntx blog has a nice post on how to add HTTP Basic authentication using Spring Security to Spring MVC-secured resources.
Krishna's Blog has a nice post introducing
unit-testing the Spring Security layer with the
- You know, I was looking for something like this just the other day! Mark's Blog has a nice post on the workflow of the various objects in servicing an incoming HTTP request in Spring MVC. Is this stuff you could easily figure out by sticking a breakpoint in a controller and just looking at the call stack? Sure. But it's also stuff that's very convenient to reference in a pinch and it's nice to see it all laid out in order with a little bit of narrative.
- The Dinesh on Java blog has a nice post on how to setup Spring Security.
- The Lucky Ryan blog has a really à propos post on migrating XML-based Spring MVC configuration to the Java and annotation centric alternative.
- The Java Code Geeks blog has a very nice post on exception handling when dealing with REST services
- Our pal Roger Hughes is back, this time with a nice writeup of a few of the various lifecycle techniques for Spring beans.