The Spring XD team is pleased to announce that Spring XD 1.0.0 Milestone 5 is now available for download.
Spring XD makes it easy to solve common big data problems such as data ingestion and export, real-time analytics, and batch workflow orchestration. This release includes several notable new features:
- Pre-defined batch jobs for JDBC to HDFS
- Many additional job shell commands for controlling and reporting on batch jobs.
- Hadoop Dataset Avro sink that uses the Kite SDK
- HDFS sink now supports codecs (gzip, snappy, bzip2, lzo) and fine-grained control over file naming
- JMS source module now support Topics in addition to Queues
- Improved support for use of Gemfire Locators
- Aggregator module for batching that also supports a backing message store for checkpointing the event stream to memory, Redis, or a relational database.
- Support for separate control and data transport protocols
- XD servers are now built on top of Spring Boot
Also, if you're a Mac user and Homebrew connoisseur, installing Spring XD is as simple as executing:
$ brew tap pivotal/tap
$ brew install springxd