Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.6.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.6.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- based on Eclipse Luna 4.4
- support for Groovy 2.3
- updated to Grails 2.4
- updated to tc Server 2.9.6
- minor improvements to the Gradle tooling
- bugfixes, including fixes for endless build loops and memory leaks
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/sts/all
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/ggts/all
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.6.0 New & Noteworthy.
Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Luna 4.4 release as 64bit and 32bit based zip files only.
There will be no native installers for STS/GGTS anymore.
From now on, we shift towards a slightly changed release schedule, shipping minor releases more frequently.
Therefore 3.6.1 is scheduled to ship on time for SpringOne2GX 2014 in early September, followed by 3.6.2 in October shortly after the Eclipse Luna SR1 release.