Hi, Spring and software fans! In this installment of the show we have Spring creator and investor Rod Johnson and Oracle vice president Heather VanCura on the show to talk about the premise of her new book - Developer Career Masterplan, coauthored with fellow Java luminary Bruno Souza: building your path to senior levels and beyond.
Spring Developer Advocate | an aisle seat or San Francisco, CA
Josh (@starbuxman) is the Spring Developer Advocate at Pivotal and a Java Champion. He's host of "A Bootiful Podcast" (https://soundcloud.com/a-bootiful-podcast), host of the "Spring Tips Videos" (http://bit.ly/spring-tips-playlist), co-author of 6+ books (http://joshlong.com/books.html), and instructor on 8+ Livelessons Training Videos (http://joshlong.com/livelessons.html)
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring!
- today, Spring Cloud, based on Spring Boot 3.2, goes GA! Don't miss this!
- I love this blog by Spring Framework legend Sébastien Deleuze on CDS with Spring Framework 6.1
- I really enjoyed this discussion with Spring Security community legend Laur Spilca
- there's a very interesting blog post here on how Netflix increased application performance with Spring Boot 3 on Java 17
- Digma has a nice blog looking at the new features in Spring Boot 3.2
- I like this blog looking at the power of the
A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Security legend Laura Spilca joins us to talk Spring Authorization Server and upgrading to Spring Boot 3
Hi, Spring fans! This week, my first as an employee of Broadcom, I am joined by Spring Security community legend Laura Spilca and we talk about all things security, OAuth, and more.
Hi, Spring fans! I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful time. Did you indulge in too much turkey? Anyway, let's jump into this week's edition of This Week in Spring—a particularly special one for a couple of reasons. First, it's our first issue after the launch of Spring Boot 3.2 last Thursday. Second, it's my inaugural post as a member of the Broadcom family. Exciting times!
Spring Boot 3.2: A Game Changer
Spring Boot 3.2 is nothing short of revolutionary. I've delved into its myriad features in an in-depth video, which you can watch here. This release includes:
- reactive cache/scheduled abstraction
- virtual threads (project Loom)
- improved GraalVM native image support
- Spring for Apache Pulsar support
- the new Spring Framework 6.1
- reloadable SSL
- Java 21
- Docker for Neo4J, ActiveMQ, etc.
- dependencies updates (of course)
Hi, Spring fans! We're releasing Spring Boot 3.2 today! And it's Thanksgiving in the USA (Happy Thanksgiving!). So, we wanted to celebrate with an amazing episode, and so today's guest is opensource legend Bruno Lowagie. Enjoy!
Hi, Spring fans! In this installment of Spring Tips, I look at the new Spring Boot 3.2 release, due to drop today, the 23rd of November 2023! (23-11-23!)
We're diving into the cool new features of Spring Boot 3.2 and Java 21. We'll explore how virtual threads from Project Loom make your code run better and how Java 21 enhances your applications. Plus, we're building a Java 21 program right here! We'll talk about how SSL support and improved observability in Spring Boot 3.2 can help you in production. We'll also look at the new Project Loom and Project CRaC support can help you go faster with…
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another epic installment of This Week in Spring! As amazing as the week's already been, it's all leading up to this Thursday - Thanksgiving day! - when we release Spring Boot 3.2! (and yes, I am very grateful). This release is stuffed to the gills with a ton of new features:
- reloadable SSL support
- the new
JdbcClientand the new
RestClient, from Spring Framework 6.1.
- Java 21 virtual threads (project Loom)
- Coordinated Restore at Checkpoint (CRaC)
- observability improvements
- a ton of new and updated dependencies, like the newly integrated Spring for Apache Pulsar starter and autoconfiguration, the new Testcontainer support for ActiveMQ, and so much more. …
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! It's November 14th, and you know what that means? NINE MORE DAYS until Spring Boot 3.2 drops (on the day of the US holiday of Thanksgiving, no less)!
Some key features include:
- virtual threads
- initial CRaC support
- more sophisticated observability with Micrometerio
- JdbcClient, RestClient
- ActiveMQ Testcontainers/ Docker Compose support
- Kotlin 1.9.0
I can't wait for the next release. I've been playing with it for months. It builds on the strenghts of Spring Boot 3.0 and 3.1. 3.0 brought GraalVM native images, and 3.…
Hi, Spring fans! In this week's installment I talk to Azul Deputy CTO Simon Ritter (@speakjava), recorded live at Devoxx Belgium 2023!