Spring Web Flow 1st preview release is out
We are pleased to
announce a preview release of Spring Web Flow for use with the Spring
1.2 release path. With this release, we consider the web flow
system fit for development use.
Contained in this release are new features we expect to take web
applications with demanding page flow requirements to the next
level. These include:
And as always, with the Spring seal of quality you?ve come to expect,
- Quality documentation, both in the javadocs and
forthcoming reference docs
- Strong test coverage
- Careful attention to naming, packaging, and ease of use
- Exceptional error reporting
- A feature set driven by end user
To download the preview release:
- Access the springframework project file list
- Scroll down to the 'spring-webflow' release package
and select 'spring-webflow-preview1.zip' for download.
The release archive consists of two jars:
- spring-webflow.jar - the core web flow system
- spring-webflow-support.jar - supporting packages not
yet released as
part of the core Spring framework.
As the release archive does not ship with the Spring Framework, please
download Spring 1.2 RC1 first if you have not done so already.
Once downloaded, visit the webflow
to review the module documentation and "Quick Start."
To get a good feel for Spring Web Flow in action, checkout the samples
in the release archive within the samples/webflow directory. See
the samples/webflow/readme.txt file on how to build and deploy the
We very much value your feedback, and hope you enjoy using Spring Web
Flow as much as we have enjoyed bringing it to you.