Dear Spring community,
I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 1.5.0 has been released!
Downloads | Site | Changelog | Announcement
This final release candidate the following new features over 1.0.3:
- Two new transports: JMS and email, both for client and server,
- WSS4J-based WS-Security implementation, which allows for WS-Security on non-SUN JDKs (i.e. WebSphere) and JDK 1.4,
- WS-Addressing support for both client and server, supporting the August 2004 and final versions of the specification,
- Native support for Java 6, including JAXP 1.4, and the bundled SAAJ 1.3 and JAXB 2.0,
- Two new Spring namespaces, which drastically decrease the amount of XML required to configure marshallers and typical Spring-WS constructs,
- Spring-WS jars are now OSGi bundles,
- A new, client-side interception mechanism, including WS-Security support,
- @Endpoints are now @Components, so they are automatically picked up when using Spring 2.5 component scanning
- A new and improved XSD-to-WSDL generator that inlines included and imported XSDs
- Support for Spring Security
- Support for the Java 6 HTTP Server
- Two new samples, showing Plain Old XML usage and WS-Addressing with the Java 6 HTTP server
and many small improvements and bug fixes. Check the changelog for more details.
We recommend upgrading to Spring Web Services 1.5 from all previous versions, in order to benefit from these new features!
The 1.5 series is 95% backwards compatible, though support for Java 1.3 has been dropped, in favor of Java 1.6.
Spring Web Services Lead