Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring!
As usual, we've got a lot to cover so let's get to it! A lot of this news come from SpringSource itself, from various projects timed to coincide with SpringOne2GX last week. It's like receiving an early birthday gift!
And speaking of gifts, if you missed SpringOne2GX, don't worry! We recorded the SpringOne sessions and they will be posted soon. Also, you can check out the show wrap ups for Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 on SpringSource.org to get a flavor for the conference.
- Costin Leau announced the release of Spring for Apache Hadoop 1.0.RC1 (the first-ever RC of Spring for Apache Hadoop!) featuring a template, exception translation and declarative runner for Pig and Hive scripts, enhanced map/reduce
.jar and tool execution, and refined JVM scripting, M/R, and Cascading runners.
Don't miss the upcoming webinar on Nov 8th!
<LI> Peter Bell did a <A href = "http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Spring-Data-NoSQL">great presentation on Spring Data and the NoSQL </a> space for QCon. Be sure to check it out! </LI>
- Yusuf has done a nice job introducing Spring's XA support in terms of the open source Bitronix standalone JTA-XA transaction manager. For an alternative guide, might I humbly suggest this blog post?
- Oleg Zhurakousky announced the release of Spring Integration 2.1.4 and 2.2.0.RC2 . The new release features pseudo transactions, JPA support, built-in retry support, and a lot more, so be sure to check it out!
- Costin Leau announced the release of Spring Data Redis 1.0.2, which features cache expiration and ZSet methods, among other things.
- Thomas Risberg announced the availability of the Spring Data JDBC extensions with Oracle database support, version 1.0.0.RC4.
- Satish Ab has a nice post on building the web layer with Spring MVC for his sample invoice application.
- The Mkyong blog has a nice post on how to autowire dependiecnes into custom JSF validators. Very nice post!
- Our friend Krishna Prasad has a nice post on hwo to implement the control bus pattern with Spring Integration and JMS