This Week in Spring - May 21, 2013
This Week in Spring
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! We are finally running out of SpringOne2GX video recordings.. this is the last week in Spring that you'll see them, so refer back to the replays page for an index. As usual, we've got a lot to cover so let's get to it!
- Spring lead Juergen Hoeller just announced the release of Spring Framework 4.0 M1 and 3.2.3.RELEASE The 3.2.3 update mainly includes updates and fixes related to Java 8 support. The 4.0 milestone, on the other hand, is a look ahead to the many awesome features in Spring 4.0 including support for web sockets, Java EE 7, the
@Conditional annotation (in the same vein as the
@Profile annotation) and much more, so be sure to check it out!
- TcServer 2.9.2 is now available! The release contains security fixes and updates, for more details check out the release notes.
- Jennifer Hickey's talk -- Thinking outside the container - Standalone Applications on CloudFoundry has been released in HD on YouTube.
- Stephen Bohlen's talk --An Introduction to Spring.NET for Java developers, has been released in HD on YouTube.
- InfoQ has done a nice writeup of Spring HATEOAS
- Johnathan Mark Smith has put together a nice post on how to use Spring's Java configuration style.
- Xavier Padró has put together a nice post on how to communicate within a Spring Web Flow
- Static.com has announced their Hadoop and Cloud Foundry-powered service. Frankly, it looks really cool and cost-effective as a public platform on which to host applications that need a backoffice Hadoop solution.
- I can't believe I missed this! RabbitMQ 3.1.0 is out (slightly old news) and, to introduce it, you should check out this amazing RabbitMQ 3.1.0 in pictures.
- The HMKCode blog has a nice post on doing the not-so-well-documented, but common, things with a MyBatis, Spring and jUnit integration.
- The Java Code Geeks have put together a nice tutorial on how to process radio buttons in a
form in Spring MVC.
- Gerry Tan has put together a nice blog on how to bind form date values with Spring MVC.