This Week in Spring - November 26th, 2013
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I'm in Gothenburg, Sweden talking to developers at the JDays 2013 conference about Spring. What a great crowd and a great reception. It's been a blast, but I'm headed home soon to scarf down some turkey with friends and family! If you celebrate the US Thanksgiving holiday, let us be the first to wish you a very happy holiday!
- Spring Batch lead Michael Minella has announced that Spring Batch 2.2.3 is now available!
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has announced the first milestone of the next Spring Data release train named Codd. This release welcomes two new members to the train: the Spring Data Solr community project as well as Spring Data REST. Awesome!
- Dr. Mark Pollack's session introducing Spring XD from QCon SF 2013 is now available! (This is the first thing I watched out of all the content in this week's roundup. It's awesome!)
- Did you miss the webinar - Dynamic Routing at 1 Million Messages per Second with Spring Integration - that Incept 5 CEO and technology rockstar John Davies and I put on last week? Have no fear, it's online now for your consumption!
- On December 3, Reactor lead Jon Brisbin will introduce the Reactor project, hot on the trail of its recent 1.0 release!
- On December 10, 2013, Matt Stine will give the webinar, Spring with Immutability which introduces how Spring developers can most profit from item #15 in Josh Block's canonical tome on Java, Effective Java: "minimize mutability."
- A week or so ago I sat down with Oracle's epic Java ninja Stephen Chin to talk Spring Boot on his live Nighthacking series The whole thing's about 20 minutes, so check it out!
- Gunnar Hillert has been busy! He just updated the Spring Batch and Spring Integration sections with new videos and resources for the respective projects! Check them out!
- I'll be in the Los Angeles area on December 11th at a meetup being held by Disney and I'll be talking about any and all things Spring. Come say hi, take a load off and bring your questions! It's sure to be a lot of fun. I want to thank Disney's Synergy Labs in Glendale, CA for having me!