Welcome back to another installment of This Week in Spring.
Yesterday I was in Atlanta, GA for the amazing DevNexus conference talking to developers about the latest and greatest in the wide world of Spring, and about REST API development with Spring. Today I am in Montreal, Canada, for the ConFoo conference. I'll speak to developers this week about Spring's rich NoSQL and big-data support and building REST APIs with Spring.
As usual, we've got a lot to cover, so let's get into it!
- Spring Batch lead Michael Minella has announced that Spring Batch 3.0 M3 is now available. My favorite new feature? It implements all of the required pieces for JSR 352, the Batch JSR! Congratulations Michael and team, this is a huge milestone!
- Spring Mobile lead Roy Clarkson has announced that Spring Mobile 1.1.1 is now available.
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch announced that Spring Security 3.2.1, and 3.1.5, are now available
- Rob also announced that Spring LDAP 2.0.1 is now available.
- Christoph Strobl has announced that Spring Data Redis 1.2.0 is now available, also!
- Join Juergen Hoeller and the Spring Team to learn about Java 8 and Spring Framework 4.0 on March 25.
- Don't miss Mattias Arthursson on March 18th, presenting Spring LDAP 2.0.0.
- Tomcat fans should check out the webinar replay from Apache Committer Stuart Williams and Daniel Mikusa: Introduction to Apache Tomcat 8.
- The replay of the Spring Data Community Lightning Talks from SpringOne2GX 2013 are now up
- The replay of the SpringOne2GX 2013 talk, _SpringOne2GX 2013 Replay: Researching Cancer In the Cloud Using Spring, Neo4J, Mongo and Redis
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has announced that Spring Data Codd is now available and GA! Check out the latest and greatest bits!
- The latest cut of the Axon CQRS framework, version 2.1, is now available.
- Pivotal CEO Paul Maritz has penned a nice post on the formation of a foundation around Cloud Foundry
- El Reg also has a nice post on the recent formation of the Cloud Foundry foundation in a post titled, Cloud Foundry laps up attention in EMC, IBM, HP, Rackspace, SAP, VMware love-in.
- The Zoltan blog has a nice post on using two-factor authentication with Spring Security
- Biju Kunjummen on the the Java Code Geek's blog has put together a nice nice post on his first steps with Spring Boot and Spring Integration.
- Xavier Padró' has published his followup post to last week's post introducing Spring and Thymeleaf. The new post looks at how to build a form, and how to use Ajax with Thymeleaf.
- Speaking of Spring Boot, the OpenCredo blog has a nice post on their first steps with Spring Boot, as well! Check it out.
- JavaLobby has a nice post on using custom
ViewResolvers with Spring MVC.