Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I'm in São Paulo, Brazil, where I presented a workshop on building cloud-native applications - specifically microservices - with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Cloud Foundry (via Pivotal Web Services).
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has just announced Spring Data Fowler has gone GA, packed with lots of advanced Java 8 features, as well!
- The agenda for the Spring IO show in Barcelona, Spain is now available! Check it out!
- Done with the microservices hype? Then let's get practical on April 21st. I'll be talking about how Spring Cloud integrates service registration (e.g.: Eureka, Consul, or Zookeeper), declarative REST clients (with Netflix's Feign), reactive programming and the circuit breaker pattern with Hystrix to support easy, robust service-to-service invocations.
- Marius Bogoevici and Mark Pollack are teaming up for a webinar on Tues April 28th about Reactive data-pipelines with Spring XD and Kafka, a must for any big / fast data enthusiasts.
- Colin Harrington's SpringOne2GX 2014 Replay is now available: Groovy Browser Automation
- Peter Ledbrook's SpringOne2GX 2014 Replay is now available: Groovy for Java Developers
- Likely the coolest demo of SpringOne2GX 2014, brought to you by the dream team of Pivotal Ninjas Derek Beauregard, Phil Berman, Michael Minella, Darrel Sharpe
is now available: IoT Realized - The Connected Car showing you just how powerful Spring XD truly is for Big Data and IoT.