Hi Spring fans and welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I'm still reeling from the incredible, larger-and-better-than-ever SpringOne Platform 2017 event last week! Ouch! My brain...
This week I'm speaking to customers and am presenting at two User Groups (in Atlanta, GA and St. Louis, MO) on testing and all things Spring with my new teammate Mario Gray (@mariogray)! Join us.
This Sunday, it's off to London for a few days customer visits. If you're around, don't hesitate to say hello (@starbuxman).
- Last week, in the final Spring Tips installment for this third season, I looked at the amazing new tooling in Spring Tool Suite 4, VS Code (and Atom).
- Spring Boot, tooling and dependency management legend Andy Wilkinson just announced the dependency management 1.0.4 RELEASE
- Simon Wardley gave a very nice SpringOne 2017 keynote introducing the concept of value stream mapping. This is a must watch.
- Multiple keyspaces using a single Spring Data CassandraTemplate – Lanky Dan Dev Blog
- More complex modelling with Spring Data Cassandra – Lanky Dan Dev Blog
- I also liked Dan Newton's look at using reactive streams with Spring Data Cassandra
- I enjoyed Meaghan Kjelland (@meaghnk)'s SpringOne talk and demo on deploying Spring Boot and PostgresSQL to Kubernetes.
- I liked Bryan Friedman's SpringOne Platform 2017 wrapup.
- Matt Raible and I were interviewed at Devoxx Belgium on the topic of Progressive Web Applications.
- Built to Adapt was at SpringOne Platform 2017 and they did an interview with Cerner's Rob Rose. Rob Rose is a brilliant leader and technologist so this is well worth a watch.
- Dormain Drewitz' looks at digital transformation anti-patterns
- Jared Ruckle looks at SpringOne Platform 2017
- RedMonk's James Governor revisits his SpringOne Platform 2017 keynote
- You should watch computing legend and Microsoft luminary Eric Gamma's SpringOne Platform 2017 keynote. He talks about his work on tooling, and even mentions Spring Tool Suite
- Axel Fontaine has just announced Flyway 5.0.0, which supports database migrations. Flyway is a convenient arrow in any Spring Boot developers's quill.
- I loved this InfoQ roundup of SpringOne Platform 2017, day one.
- Last week, one of the largest new features demonstrated in Spring Boot was the introduction of animated ASCII art, as community member Joris Kuipers demonstrates here
- James Ma looks at some of the folks using Concourse CI
- This is interesting - it's a set of sample applications that demonstrate Spring Boot integrations with IBM middleware like Cloudant, OpenLiberty and more.
- Richard Seroter reviews the SpringOne Platform 2017 day one keynote
- Microsoft talks about their starters that have been listed on the Spring Initializr
- Dan Newton looks at how to configure startup and shutdown scripts for Spring Data Cassandra
- Spring community legend and Okta advocate Matt Raible looks at how to build a CRUD application with Angular 5.0 and Spring boot 2.0.