On behalf of the team and everyone that contributed, I am pleased to announce that the second milestone of Spring Boot 2.1 has been released and is available from our milestone repository. This release closes 75 issues and pull requests!
This second milestone aligns with Spring Framework 5.1.RC2 and is the first release with support of Java 11.
Other highlights of this second milestone include:
- Auto-configuration for task execution (
@EnableAsync) and task scheduling (
- Configurable bootstrap mode for JPA
- OAuth2 resource server support
- Improved logging output for web applications
- Improved binding for data size properties.
If you want to get started with 2.1 and try out the new features, you can bootstrap a new project on https://start.spring.io.