Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! Life's been busy but fun this last week. I've been knee-deep in video production! I've got a lot of fun Spring Tips installments lined up or in production at the moment, and I can't wait for you to see 'em!
I also spent much of last week with my buddy Matt Raible and we made JHipster work with Spring Native, and I'm still giddy as can be about the newly opened possibilities. (More on that below)
How are you doin', otherwise? I hope you're doing well!
Now then, we've got a lot to cover and oh-so little time in which to do it. Let's goo!
- In this installment of Spring Tips, I look at "Bootiful Edge Services" with Spring GraphQL, Spring Cloud Gateway, and Reactive Programming.
- In this installment of a A Bootiful Podcast, I talk to Spring Data engineer Christoph Strobl on MongoDB, Redis, GraphQL and Spring Native
- JHipster Works with Spring Native (Kinda)! Last week, Matt Raible and I presented at the (virtual) San Francisco Java User Group (in person). The event was a lot of fun because Matt and I enjoy working together. The goal was to deliver a presentation on the (experimental!) Spring Native project which enables GraalVM builds for Spring Boot-based applications. But Matt wanted to make JHipster work! So we hacked. And hacked. And hacked. Finally we ended up with an application that worked with GraalVM, sans only the OpenAPI support. It was awesome. It's not as smooth as it could be, of course, but it's something. Check it out!
- Common Pitfalls When Testing Spring Boot Applications
- Enabling Next-Gen Experiences with the Lumen Platform
- Spring Cloud 2021.0.0-M2 (codename Jubilee) is Available.
- Spring Native in Action with the Okta Spring Boot Starter
- I just learned about JobRunr, a job scheduler that has a nice Spring Boot starter. You can use this job scheduler with all sorts of infrastructure thanks to its
StorageManager abstraction. Could be good! This is an alternative, of course, to things like the Quartz integration in Spring and the
@Scheduled annotation in Spring.
- Did you try out the more recent release of the Spring Initializr yet?
- I like this more recent tutorial showing how to connect a Spring Boot application to DataStax Astra