This Week in Spring - November 9th, 2021
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! How're you doin'? I'm doing alright! It's been raining cats and dogs here in San Francisco. California, the state where I live, dearly needs the rain, so it's a positive, I suppose. But it still feels miserable. Between the daylights savings time shortening the daylight significantly and the rain, it's a gloomy kind of day. At least there's a lot of good stuff to read! Let's dive right into it!
- Bootiful Podcast: Legend, Dutchess founder, Devoxx4Kids contributor, and fellow Java Champion Linda van der Pal
- Full Stack Java with React, Spring Boot, and JHipster
- Hello, Coherence — Bootiful Spring by Oracle's Gunnar Hillert, a legend.
- Check out the videos from the recent Reactive Summit. I was the emcee and the day two keynoter, along with my friend and Google's James Ward.
- Running Spring Boot Apps? Start Tracing with OpenTelemetry in Minutes!
- Spring Cloud 2021.0.0-RC1 (codename Jubilee) Has Been Released
- Spring Cloud Data Flow 2.8.4 and 2.9.1 Released
- Spring Cloud Gateway versions 2.2.10.RELEASE and 3.0.5 are now available
- Spring Tips: @Controllers: Give HTTP a REST
- The power of component scanning in Spring
- Update on EOL for Spring Security OAuth
- I'll be speaking at the upcoming YOW! Conferences. Join us!
- This is an interesting, optimized-for-certain-usecases alternative to
@MockBean: antoinemeyer/mock-in-bean: Surgically Inject Mockito Mock/Spy in Spring Beans
- Michael Coté thinks 2022 will be year of figuring out kubernetes for developers, "DevX" or whatever.