Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! How are you doin'?
I'm excited! This week I'm speaking at the ArabJUG, and I'll be speaking at Microsoft's huuuge JDConf event. Both of these are virtual. Then, next Monday, I'm on a plane bound for London, UK, where I'll be speaking at Devoxx UK 2022. Then, not even two weeks later, I'll be speaking at Spring IO, in Barcelona, Spain! Then a week later, I'll be speaking at JNation, in Lisbon, Portugal. To say that I am excited would be an understatement, my friends.
And all of that ignores the great stuff since last week. Let's dive right into it!
- Last week I talked to fellow Java Champion, Sun veteran, and industry legend Simon Ritter on A Bootiful Podcast: Simon Ritter, Java Champion, and deputy CTO at Azul
- I love this thread from our own Ben Hale on why Loom serves reactive programming but doesn't moot it: "I think this confuses the problems with the Servlet API (connection-per-thread) and the overhead of threads. The fact that Netty can do what it does without Loom (because it serves multiple connections)...
- Ever wanted to rewrite a query in Spring Data JPA?
- Functional Kafka with Spring Cloud - Part 1 - DEV Community
- Functional Kafka with Spring Cloud - Part 2 - DEV Community
- Functional Kafka with Spring Cloud - Part 3 - DEV Community
- Inspired by Spring Cloud AWS, #AssertJ also offers a @gitpod button to spin up a browser-based VSCode or an @intellijidea instance already configured with the AssertJ codebase. We hope this will make contributing a little easier...
- JobRunr 5.0.0 Delivers Improved Framework Support - the new release also includes the Spring Native integration that I helped contribute
- Serverless with Spring. 1. Introduction: In this article, we… | by Apurv Sheth | Mar, 2022 | Medium
- Spring Tools 4.14.1 released
- To simplify contributing to Spring Cloud AWS, we've added the @gitpod button that launches a VSCode based @gitpod environment configured to work with Java and Spring.
- Ready? Microsoft JDConf - Java dev conference is happening May 4/5! Virtual, free, and open to all. An amazing lineup of speakers and topics from around the world. Mark your calendars. - I'll be speaking there, too!
- Blog: Dockershim: The Historical Context