This Week in Spring - July 25th, 2023
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! Look, I'm going to level with you. This is the view from where I'm staying on holiday right now in tropical Lankawi, Malaysia:
I'm super interested in this week's roundup, as always, but I'm also very interested in that oh-so-blue water. Let's get this show on the road!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Java legend Simon Martinelli on Vaadin, JavaOOQ, and so more
- Jul 20 - How VMware RabbitMQ Can Help You Build Tomorrow's Enterprise IoT Applications
- MQTT 5.0 support is coming in RabbitMQ 3.13
- Spring Framework 6.1 M3 released
- Spring Security 5.6.12, 5.7.10, 5.8.5, 6.0.5, and 6.1.2 are available now, including fixes for CVE-2023-34034 and CVE-2023-34035
- Want to know what VMWare can do to help you with Spring? Spring Solutions | VMware Tanzu
- This article looks at relative energy efficiencies across different JVMs. Among other things, we can see that GraalVM native images are very energy efficient. Java, writ large, is also very energy efficient
- Spring ViewComponent (not an official Spring project) lead Thomas Schueuhly and I looked at Spring ViewComponent and then looked at optimizing Spring ViewComponent for GraalVM in this video. You might find the demo or the pair programming interesting.
- Have you registered for SpringOne yet? It's next month! In lovely Las Vegas, and it's going to be amazing! I hope you'll join the good, the great, the amazing Dr. Syer, myself and most of the Spring team there for our first in-person SpringOne event since 2019!