This Week in Spring - October 10th, 2023
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! Last week I was in Antwerp, Belgium, for the amazing Devoxx Belgium event, and this week I've been in Amsterdam for the SpringOne Tour Amsterdam stop and - in the middle of the SpringOne Tour Amsterdam event - I dipped out to join my friend and fellow Java Champion Trustin Lee (@trustin) (he created Netty! the guy's a living legend!) for a discussion and ask-me-anything at the local Amsterdam Java User Group, hosted by fellow Java Champion and local Geertjan Wielenga (@GeertjanW). It was a lovely day indeed across the two different events, and I'm grateful to have been a part of it. Now I'm in Switzerland, where tonight I'll be speaking at the local Bern Java User Group with my colleague and friend Cora Iberkleid (@ciberkleid). And tomorrow, at long last, I head home.
We've got a busy week's review ahead, so let's dive right into it!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Data legend Greg Turnquist on optimizations and queries and more
- AxonIQ Conference 2023 Keynote: Axon's Bootiful History with Josh Long
- Java Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Spring Shell 2.1.13, 3.0.8 and 3.1.4 are now available
- when I was at Devoxx I interviewed Java language architect, Oracle, Brian Goetz
- are you a novice learning Java? Welcoem to the ecosystem! there's never been a better time to be a Java engineer! And I want to help people take their first steps. In this video, we do a Java programmer desk check, looking at the tools and resources you'll need to have installed to start writing the famous "Hello, world" example!
- when I was at Devoxx I interviewed GraalVM founder and vice president, Oracle, Thomas Wuerthinger
- when I was at the SpringOne Tour Amsterdam event I interviewed former SpringSourcer and longtime friend of the Java and Spring communities Joris Kuipers
- I interviewed Java community legend Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Google, a long wandering member of the tribes of Sun Microsystems.
- I interviewed Azul deputy CTO Simon Ritter at Devoxx BE and it was dope
- when I was at Devoxx I interviewed Roni Dover, CTO and cofounder of Digma
- Blog: CRI-O is moving towards pkgs.k8s.io
- Blog: Spotlight on SIG Architecture: Conformance