This Week in Spring - October 24th, 2023
Hi, Spring fans! This week I'm in Lisbon, and Porto, Portugal, ahead of the Porto Tech Hub event in Porto, and my tour bus is about to leave! So, let's dive right into it!
- Spring Authorization Server 1.1.3, 1.0.4 and 0.4.4 available now
- Spring Authorization Server 1.2.0-RC1 available now
- Spring Boot 2.7.17 available now
- Spring Boot 3.2.0-RC1 available now
- Spring Modulith 1.1 RC1 and 1.0.2 released - this is quickly turning into one of my favorite new projects and is well worth your attention, too. It's a structured way to build well-designed, elegant, modular monoliths (or moduliths), but it has the plumbing to also make expanding into a distributed system easy, too. I love this framwork! Spring Boot has opinions around the technical arrangement of your code, and this framework, building on top of Spring Boot, has opinions on the architectural arrangement of your application. But if you use it correctly, your application's code is better for it. Nice!
- Blog: A Quick Recap of 2023 China Kubernetes Contributor Summit
- Blog: PersistentVolume Last Phase Transition Time in Kubernetes
- Blog: Plants, process and parties: the Kubernetes 1.28 release interview
- Containerize a Spring Boot application with Podman Desktop | Red Hat Developer