This Week in Spring - December 12th, 2023
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to a new installment of This Week in Spring! We've got a ton of stuff to get into, so let's dive right in!
- Laur Spilca and I look at how to ugprade a Spring Security 5.x application to Spring Security 6.x.
- Apache SkyWalking with Sheng Wu and Apache ShardingSphere with Trista Pan
- I looked at all of the new Spring Cloud Leyton releases
- Exciting! Spring Tools 4.21.0 has been released
- Spring Cloud Leyton and I looked at it in detail in this epic mega video of 2.5+ hours duration. Enjoy!
- On last week's episode of a Bootiful Podcast, I was joined by legends Rod Johnson, creator of Spring, and Heather VanCura, VP at Oracle, to talk about career path development
- Digma had a nice post on what's new in Spring Boot 3.2
- Congrats to our friends at AtomicJar on having been acquired by Docker
- Microsoft and RedHat have a nice blog looking at the future of VS Code
- I love this blog talking about how to build domain -driven modular monlithic applications with Spring Boot. You might be wondering: surely, this is a blog about Spring Modulith, right? Well, not quite, but apparently that's queued up for the next blog in the series, so stay tuned!
- Don't use this! But it's pretty cool that it exists. It's a backport of Java 21's virtual threads (just the API! It doesn't actually deliver green threads!!)