This Week in Spring - January 23rd, 2024
Hi, Spring fans, and greetings from CERN, home of the famous Large Hadron Collider, where I'm speaking again at the VOXXED Days CERN 2017 event. It's been an amazing almost week here in lovely Switzerland, first in Lugano (for VOXXED Days Ticino), and now in Geneva.
I'm super excited to be here, but all this wonderful scenery has only made it more difficult to keep up with what has been a very exciting week indeed in the community. Let's dive right into it, we have a ridiculous amount of stuff to look into!
- Spring Shell 3.1.8 and 3.2.1 are now available
- CVE-2024-22233: Spring Framework server Web DoS Vulnerability
- Spring Modulith 1.0.5, 1.1.2, and 1.2 M1 released
- Spring Boot 3.2.2 available now
- Spring Boot 3.3.0-M1 available now
- Spring Security 6.3 adds passive JDK Serialization/Deserialization for Seamless upgrades
- Spring Boot 3.1.8 available now
- A Bootiful Podcast: programming language archaeologist Ted Neward
- My friend Cora Iberkleid is a legend in all things software and so whenever she speaks, I listen. She's started posting these super handy little writeups on twitter (as handy, downloadable images you could perhaps use as reference cards?), so follow her (@ciberkleid) for more. One of her latest is on the new SSL hot reloads in Spring Boot 3.2 - check it out!
- on the latest Spring Tips I look at ye ole
- I just sat down with the legendary Dr. Venkat Subramaniam to talk about some of the latest-and-greatest in Java 21
- have you heard about Gunnar Morling's fantastic 1 billion row challenge (1BRC)? It's driving a lot of interesting ideas and paving the way for everyone to create scalable services. Hear him talk about it in this discussion
- Want to optimize your routing? your plan? You need a solver, and Timefold AI is just such a solver. It's opensource, fast, and works well with Spring Boot. Check it out here
- my pal Simon Martinelli has a new video, this one introducing Spring Boot Docker Compose support - check it out
- bye bye, Unsafe