Hope to see you there.
Over the last month Jay Zimmerman and I have been working hard planning The Spring Experience 2006 (TSE). Creating a first-class technical conference is no easy task--it takes hour upon hours to arrive at the perfect mix of speakers and content.
I am proud to say we are now ready to roll with an unprecedented event. Check it out:
- 55 ninety-minute sessions across 5 tracks over 3-full days, all at a five-star beach resort.
- Exclusive premium technical content on Spring 2.0. Half of the sessions are led by core Spring developers who apply the latest Spring capabilities inside and out. This includes Rod Johnson, Juergen Hoeller, Adrian Colyer, Rob Harrop, Colin Sampaleanu, Ben Alex, Arjen Poutsma, Erwin Vervaet, and yours truly.
- Cutting edge sessions from leading Java software innovators. This includes Jeff McCaffer, lead of the Eclipse RCP and Equinox projects; Guilluame LaForge, Groovy project lead; Eamonn McManus, JMX Lead; Patrick Linskey, BEA Kodo JPA lead, and Mike Keith, lead of the Java Persistence Architecture (JPA).
- Real-world insight from renown industry experts. This includes Eric Evans, author of the timeless book Domain-Driven Design, Luke Hohmann, business of software expert and author of Beyond Software Architecture; Ramnivas Laddad, Interface21 Principal and author of AspectJ in Action; Venkat Subramanium, author of Practices of an Agile Developer, Floyd Marinescu, creator of InfoQ.com, solution architects Mark Richards (IBM) and Jim Clark (Oracle), and Mike Stenhouse, usability expert and author at Content With Style.
- Privileged access to synced-audio slideshows for all sessions following the show, so you don't miss a beat.
- Full-course breakfast, lunch, and dinner included with registration.
- "Meet the Gurus" user BOFs. A great opportunity for Spring users to interact with Spring project leads.
- Two kick ass parties, one Friday night, and a Saturday afternoon party on the beach complete with a Spring users vs. developers volleyball game.
- Cool conference schwag. And lots of it. Registered experiencers' receive an all access conference pass, a custom (and very cool) TSE laptop bag, a custom-designed notebook binder, a limited-edition TSE 2006 shirt, and even an official TSE 2006 beach towel. You'll have chances to win an iPod and XBox 360.
- Diversity. Whether you are a hard core enterprise developer, a web application developer, or a leading software architect, this conference has something for you. Last year's show brought 250 people from 20 countries. This year we expect 500 attendees from over 25. It's going to be a lot of fun, and a great learning and networking opportunity.