Dear Spring Community,
I am happy to announce the first milestone release 3.1.0.M1 of the Spring Tool Suite (STS) and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS).
Highlights from this milestone include:
- We now provide distributions based on Eclipse 3.8 and Eclipse 4.2
- Mylyn updated to 3.8.1
- Mac apps now signed for Gatekeeper in OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Maven support for Grails projects
Some of our users reported general performance issues with the new Eclipse Juno 4.2 platform that STS 3.0.0 ships with. Most of these issues seem to be related to the underlying UI platform and its usage from various plugins and extensions. Since our goal is to provide the best possible user experience, we decided to provide two separate distributions for STS 3.1.0.M1: one that is built on top of Eclipse Juno 3.8 and one on top of Eclipse Juno 4.2. People who have trouble using the 4.2-based version should try the 3.8-based distribution instead.
The 3.1.0 release is planned to arrive shortly after the Eclipse Juno SR1 release and will also provide both distributions.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.1.0.M1 New & Noteworthy.
3.1.0.RELEASE is planned for the week of October 8th.