The Spring XD team is pleased to announce that Spring XD 1.0.0 Milestone 4 is now available for download.
Spring XD makes it easy to solve common big data problems such as data ingestion and export, real-time analytics, and batch workflow orchestration. This release includes several notable new features:
- Batch Processing UI
- Improved Type Conversion
- Composite Modules
- Improved DSL parsing and Tap functionality (Note: breaking syntax change)
- New sources: Reactor based syslog, tcp-client
- Expression based processors can invoke a pre-registered JSON Path function.
- Pre-defined Batch jobs for HDFS to JDBC, HDFS to MongoDB, Files to HDFS, and Files to JDBC
- New commands for listing available modules and their definition.
- Deployment Scripts for EC2 in new project.
- Support for Pivotal HD 1.1
- Shell access to HDFS via WebHDFS protocol
Also, if you're a Mac user and Homebrew connoisseur, installing Spring XD is as simple as executing:
$ brew tap pivotal/tap
$ brew install springxd