Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.5.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.5.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- ready-to-use full Java8 support (STS as well as GGTS)
- updated to Eclipse Kepler SR2 (4.3.2)
- new advanced content-assist for Spring Boot projects
- Usability enhancements to live Beans Graph for Spring Boot
- Cloud Foundry integration now supports Spring Boot
- Major improvements in the Gradle Integration for Eclipse (including major performance improvements)
- initial support for Spring Boot CLI apps
- Grails updated to 2.3.7
- tc Server updated to 2.9.5.SR1
- Dashboard improvements (including feeds, shortcuts, and notifications)
Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Kepler SR2 release.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/sts/all
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/ggts/all
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.5.0 New & Noteworthy.
The next version 3.6.0 is scheduled to arrive in July 2014, shortly after the Eclipse Luna (4.4) release.
The first milestone build is scheduled to arrive in mid May 2014.