Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce a minor maintenance release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.5.1 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.5.1.
This maintenance release includes a number of bug fixes as well as a few updates, including:
- added Java8 support for faceted web projects
- updated Maven Integration for Eclipse to support Java8
- m2e-egit connector now included by default
- Grails updated to 2.3.8
- the Groovy 2.3 compiler now availabe from the dashboard (including early support for Grails 2.4M2 in GGTS)
Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Kepler SR2 release.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/sts/all
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/ggts/all
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.5.1 New & Noteworthy.
The next version 3.6.0 is scheduled to arrive in July 2014, shortly after the Eclipse Luna (4.4) release.
The first milestone build is scheduled to arrive in late May 2014.