Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it.
- Spring Cloud lead Ramnivas Laddad has written up a nice post that looks at how to extend Spring Cloud to consume other services in a consistent manner.
- I liked Samer Abdelkafi’s blog introducing how to use Java configuration with Spring. It’s always a good time to review..
- The Pragmatists blog has a detailed look at the sort of (tortured) steps involved in using Spring with the Play! web framework
- Biju Kunjummen put together a great post that looks at how to deploy a Spring Cloud enabled application to Cloud Foundry
- Thys Michels is back at it again, this time with a post on building a ToDo application with Spring MVC and Angular.js
- I am really happy that this link is in this week’s roundup, the author -Priyadarshini - did an amazing job! Check out this really thoughtful introduction to using Spring Boot to build a CRUD-capable Spring Boot-based application.
/dev/Kicoblog has a nice Portguese-language post on what’s new in Spring 4
- Ahmed Essam El-din Ahmed’s roundup of the integrations for security among the various web frameworks - including Spring MVC - is fantastic.
- Did you know that Spring provides a
StoredProcedureobject that can be used to wrap and adapt the painful setup involved in invoking a stored procedure from JDBC.
- Theodora Fragkouli put together a nice post on how to handle Spring MVC form handling
- The ITEssays blog has a code recipe demonstrating how to use Spring Data MongoDB with XML configuration.
SpringOne 2GX 2014 is around the corner
Book your place at SpringOne in Dallas, TX for Sept 8-11 soon. It’s simply the best opportunity to find out first hand all that’s going on and to provide direct feedback. There will be deep dive sessions on Spring XD along with general Big Data talks to provide an introduction to the landscape and challenges in developing Big Data applications.