I’m pleased to announce the release of Spring Security 4.0.0.M2 available in the Spring Milestone repository.
You can find details about this release in the release notes. Highlights of the release include:
- Support for WebSocket Security using Spring’s messaging abstraction
- Spring Data integration
- Spring Session was produced out of the work necessary for this release. In an application server independent way you can easily use a custom backend (i.e. Redis) as the
HttpSessionimplementation. See the project page for additional features of this exciting new project.
- Enhancements and fixes to the testing support
- Easier integration with
- You no longer need to specify
WithSecurityContextTestExecutionListeneron your tests
@WithSecurityContextworks even with custom
- Support for digest and certificate based authentication testing
- Support nested static groups in LDAP Authentication
- Lots of integration tests added to the sample applications
- Updated minimum version of Spring 4.1 RC2. This was necessary for enough of the features, that it made sense to do across the board
Stay tuned to the spring.io blog for a blog series introducing these exciting new features.