Six months after the 1.0 GA release, the team is happy to announce the availability of Spring XD 1.1 GA.
Please read Sabby Anandan’s blog for a general overview of Spring XD. Specific to 1.1, a ton of features have been added. Here are some that will give you the most bang for your big data buck.
- Stream Processing with Reactor, RxJava, Spark Streaming and Python
- Orchestrate Spark and Sqoop Batch Jobs
- Kafka based message bus, source and sink along with new general purpose high level Kafka APIs
- Batching and compression for RabbitMQ
- Easily develop, test, and package custom modules and upload them to the admin server.
- Containers group management when running XD on YARN
- Role based authorization of REST endpoints and LDAP/file based authentication
- Support for Pivotal, Hortonworks, and Cloudera Hadoop distributions.
There are two dozen sample applications available, so check them out.
As a sneak peek of things to come, Andy Clement and his team are working on an amazing UI for authoring and monitoring XD Streams. Here is a screen shot based on the analytics-dashboard application.
Feedback is very important, so please keep in touch with questions and comments via