Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I am at DevNexus in Atlanta, GA along with a handful of Spring team members and Spring community luminaries. I'll be presenting a talk on getting started with Spring Boot and I hope you'll join me, or one of the many other talks on Spring team:
We'll also be at the Spring User Group meeting. Come out and see Rossen Stoyanchev talk about what's new in Spring MVC, and see Michael Minella talk about what's new in Spring Batch.
Anyway, with that out of the way, let's get to it!
- The amazing Dr. Syer just announced Spring Cloud 1.0.0.RELEASE! This is the culmination of a long, frenzied development cycle and includes a lot of great stuff. Spring Cloud is delivered as a set of Spring Boot-style auto-configurations and starter dependencies for infrastructure supporting microservices.
- Spring Data ninja Christoph Strobl just announced RC1 for the Spring Data Fowler release train. This new release adds many new features including support for the
@Score-annotation in Solr, updated MongoDB 3 support (including support for both types of MongoDB GIS indexes), and much more.
- This week's SpringOne2GX 2014 replays are out! Check out Gunnar's excellent talk on Creating modular test driven SPAs with Spring and AngularJS. Rob Winch and Ken Krueger cover Spring MVC Test in The Quest for the Holy Integration Test - a less known and super helpful part of Spring MVC. Scott Frederick, Ramnivas Laddad cover the original Spring Cloud (now called Spring Cloud Connectors) in their talk Simplify Cloud Applications using Spring Cloud Connectors, and one from RedHat/OpenShift about Spring your apps into the cloud with a PaaS.
- EMC Academics have just released their first of their Flipboard Spring magazine - check it out!
- JAXenter had an nice writeup on the recently released Spring Cloud 1.0.0.
- My (super highly rated, owing I think to the subject..) talk from Devoxx UK 2014 on Spring Boot is available on Parleys.com! Check it out!
- I had the pleasure of doing two webinars for O'Reilly whose recordings I just learned are now online, one on building applications with Spring Boot and microservices with Spring Cloud. O'Reilly are publishing my book on Spring and Cloud Foundry-based microservices.
- Our pal and community member Joram Barrez, co-founder of the Activiti BPMN workflow engine, put together a nice post introducing the Spring Boot and Activiti integration.
- InfoQ interviewed Spring framework lead Juergen Hoeller on a wide variety of things at the recent Voxxed Days Vienna event.